You will be required to undertake an individual written report related to the following global organisation: ZARA (fashion). The overall aim is to evaluate ways in which changes within the organisation’s MACRO environment might impact upon marketing strategies and activities.
You will be assessed on your ability to:
Within a hypothetical scenario of a potential change in any of the MACRO environment forces of your chosen organisation:
- Critically evaluate the company’s strategies for sustainable competitive advantage, segmentation (including targeting and positioning) and branding
- Critically evaluate the potential impacts on the company’s customer behaviour and how it might change
- Identify and critically assess two opportunities for growth within the organisation’s MACRO environments
- Make clear links to the marketing theory that underpins your work
- Write a logical, well-presented and accurately referenced piece of work
The length of the report will be 2,000 words +/- 10%. The word count limit is there to test your skills of conciseness and focus – keep your work relevant to the subject matter.
Key sections with suggestions as to word count:
|Contents||Approximate Word Count||Weighting|
|1.||Brief summary statement of the change in any of the MACRO environment forces of your chosen organisation.||200||10%|
|2.||Potential impact on marketing strategies under the following headings: Competitive advantageSegmentation, targeting and positioningBranding||1,000||40%|
|3.||Potential impact on customer behaviour and how it might change||400||20%|
|4.||Identify 2 specific growth opportunities in the company’s macro environments and set out what the company should do to take advantage of these||400||20%|
|5.||Bibliography (not included in the word count)||10%|
You will be awarded marks for each of the above sections from F6-D5 with weightings applied to each.
You must submit ONE SINGLE FILE written in Arial 12 with one and a half (1 ½ ) line spacing and the text should be justified. You should also include a cover page that has the following information:
- Edinburgh Napier University
- MKT11109 Marketing and Building High Performing Organisations
- Coursework 1 – Marketing
- Your own matriculation number (no names, please)
Note: This is a marketing project, hence, your marketing units will cover the theoretical content and higher marks will be awarded for evidence of wider academic reading.