Assessment Task 1
You are required to give a short presentation, demonstrating how the material contained in this Unit could be applied to a specific scenario in your own work practice.
You may choose to discuss a scenario which:
- has occurred since you commenced studying the Unit, giving you the opportunity to utilise your new learning;
- occurred in the more distant past;
- might occur in the future in your workplace.
The scenario discussed can be:
- a clinical dilemma involving a patient/client;
- a broader management dilemma involving clients/patients/offenders/arrestees;
- systemic/programmatic challenges involving issues relevant to this Unit.
ENSURE THAT YOU RIGOROUSLY DEIDENTIFY ANY CASE-BASED INFORMATION AND ADHERE TO MONASH UNIVERSITY POLICY WITH RESPECT TO CLIENT/PATIENT CONFIDENTIALITY AS OUTLINED IN THE ASSESSMENT COVERSHEETS.
You should include:
- a brief description of the scenario;
- a brief description of your role;
- an analysis of how an application of the knowledge and principles contained within this Unit have/could have/will help to achieve improved outcomes;
- references to the literature and citations (authors and dates) need to be referenced in the slides;
- it is essential that the 10-minute limit is adhered to.
Criteria for Marking Assessment Task 1:
|Clarity (logical structure; presentation style)||3|
|Reference to relevant evidence base||3|
|Integration: drawing links between scenario and relevant evidence base||4|
Liaise with the Unit Coordinator if you are unclear as to what is required.