Strategic Management and Leadership
You are required to look at the existing operations and quality management practices in your organisation in order to improve quality management strategies. From your research, you will make proposals to achieve a higher level of sustainable quality in the organization, ensuring that proper monitoring systems are in place.
If you do not have the access to your own organisation, you may select an organisation you are familiar with.
Task 1 (AC 1.1 and 1.2, AC 2.1 and 2.2) -1000 words only
You are asked to research into operations management and quality management in your organization and how they link to and impact on the strategic management objective of the organisation.
- Explain the importance of effective operations management in achieving organisational objectives.
- Evaluate the success of operations management in meeting the organization’s strategic management objectives.
- Explain the importance of effective quality management in achieving the organisation’s objectives.
- Evaluate the success of existing quality management processes in meeting the organisation’s strategic management objectives.
Task 2 (AC 3.1 and 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 4.1 and 4.3) – 750 words only
You are asked to develop a plan for strategic change in your organization taking into account the resource implications involved in the proposed change process.
- Plan a strategic quality change that aims to improve organizational performance. The plan needs to be action-orientated, detailed, and include SMART targets. It should clearly define the resources, tools and systems that will support the business processes involved in the quality change process.
- Evaluate the implications of planned strategic quality change and design systems that will monitor the implementation of planned strategic quality change.
Task 3 (AC 5.1 and 5.2) – 500 words only
You are asked to review the results of your strategic change proposals in the organization and to make further recommendations on the future development of this area of change.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the implementation of strategic quality change and make recommendations on how further improvements can be made. The improvements recommended need to clearly align with organisational objectives.
Task 4 (AC 4.2,) – 500 words only
You are asked to be able to understand how to establish and maintain a quality culture in your organization.
- Demonstrate how you embedded a quality culture into the organisation.
To complete this assignment, review the Unit 11: Strategic Quality and Systems Management document.