Project 1 Assessment
A. Project question
A major multinational corporation has appointed you as an economic advisor. You are requested to compile a report regarding the macroeconomic environment in two countries where the firm operates and explain how it might affect the company’s economic activity.
B. Project specifications
1. You may choose to focus your analysis on any existing firm with an international activity that can be of different types in the two countries.
2. The two countries must be chosen from section C below as follows: one country from List 1 and one country from List 2. 3. Your report must include:
- A brief description of the company and the product/market it operates in for both countries.
- An analysis of the market structure in which your company operates for the two countries.
- A comparative analysis of all major macroeconomic indicators (see section D below, excluding 5 and 8) for the two countries and their overall impact on the firm’s economic activity.
- An analysis of the monetary and fiscal policy (instruments) for the two countries and their impact on the firm’s economic activity. You must include here an analysis of the interest rates (Section D, indicator 5).
- An analysis of the foreign trade policy instruments (international trade agreements) for the two countries and their impact on the firm’s economic activity. You should include here an analysis of the exchange rates (Section D, indicator 8). 2
C. Country Lists
D. Macroeconomic indicators1 to be analyzed (the last available 10 years):
E. Project 1 Submission Guidelines
F. Marking criteria and weights
To complete this assignment, review the Marketing within the Global Economy document.