MAT 140 Milestone Two Guidelines and Rubric
For the final project, you will illustrate your process for solving selected precalculus problems. In this way, you will defend the validity of your solutions and demonstrate your ability to effectively communicate using precalculus notations, conventions, and terminology. In this milestone, you will submit your first practice problem walkthrough. You will solve a similar trigonometric function problem as the one that you will ultimately need to address in your final project. This is an important opportunity to practice “walking through” a problem solution in order to gain feedback prior to submitting your final project.
Use the provided template to complete the trigonometric identity proof above and illustrate your process by addressing each of the following elements:
- Indicate each step of your process in the “Statement” column.
- Identify the problem statement.
- Correctly use the identities and/or theorems.
- Correctly use the algebraic process.
- Identify the final statement.
- Defend your process by identifying the appropriate explanation for each process step in the “Rule” column.
Guidelines for Submission
Your milestone submission should be about 2 pages in length, including a cover page, and must be written in APA format: Use 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins.
To complete this assignment, review MAT 140 Milestone Two Guidelines and Rubric document.