A methodology chapter is a very important part of a thesis or dissertation. A methodology chapter describes the wider philosophical underpinning to the researcher’s selected methods, including whether the researcher is using quantitative or qualitative methods or a combination of both, and why the researcher has selected these methods. A methodology chapter describes how you conducted your research, where you collected your data, the techniques you used in collecting the data and so on.
Purpose of a Research Methodology
- It helps you to describe how you will undertake the research topic
- It helps you to define how you gathered and collected data
- It helps you to shape your findings, results, conclusions, and recommendations
Questions to Consider when Choosing a Research Methodology
- Is your topic quantifiable in terms of numbers or statistics?
- Does your topic require a quantitative or qualitative research design?
- What is the best research methodology that suits your research question or research topic? Does it require you to use interviews, surveys, secondary sources, or observation?
Potential Research Methodology Pathways
- Primary research: Primary research pathways include questionnaires, interviews, and observation to provide a way to acquire first-hand account of the problem.
- Secondary research: Secondary research include databases containing statistical data, books, articles, online sources, magazines, blogs, reports, and company information where one may acquire secondary information.
Kindly order with us to get a professional thesis/dissertation or a methodology chapter written by a professional team of writers. Our writers and researchers are highly qualified and have adequate skills to handle your paper even at the most stringent deadlines. We have served a large number of students since our company started in 2007 and many of the students we have served have attained outstanding success not only in their education but also in their professional lives. Do not struggle with your academics when a team of professional writers and researchers is ready to support you.