IT 415 Milestone Two
You will develop three deliverables for your final submission. You have already submitted the proposal in Module Three, and now you will submit a draft of the last two deliverables: the project plan and system design. The final versions of the project plan and system design will be submitted together at the end of the course. These deliverables will be used to direct the implementation effort in your next course, IT 420. If the scope of your planned project is not fully implementable due to constraints on time and resources, you will need to prepare to deliver at the end of the next course a prototype, simulation of the information system vision, or a detailed projection of what the fully implemented system would look like. This projection of a fully implemented system is expected to be much more detailed than system design. Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
The project plan will be drafted early in the course but further refined as you develop the system design. This way, the work breakdown structure and tasks identified in the design in need of development are added to the project plan.
- Work Breakdown Structure: Clearly communicate a logical work breakdown structure for stakeholders to ensure successful completion of the project. Identify all tasks and artifacts to be developed.
- Timeline: Illustrate the overall project timeline, identifying the start and finish dates, major milestones, and any other relevant data points during the design and implementation of the project/solution. (Implementation should happen in IT 420, the implementation course.)
- Dependencies: Clearly communicate any dependencies between tasks or resources for ensuring successful communication of needs.
- Use of Tools: Professionally document project plan using Microsoft Project or Excel.
System Design Document
Although you will individually develop your recommended information technology project, the project design should contain enough detail to support another skilled information technology practitioner in implementing the solution. Determine a reasonable scope for your project so that it can be implemented within the timeframe of the IT 420 course. The following sections should be included:
- Introduction: Articulate the overall purpose and scope of the system design in terms of addressing the problem or challenges identified in your proposal.
- Requirements: Determine all relevant and necessary system requirements based on the analysis of the problem faced. The requirements should be written as “system shall” statements that are testable and include functional, design, security, safety, and performance requirements.
- Constraints: Determine the constraints of the system design and any assumptions made in terms of the problem being solved.
- Resources: Identify necessary resources—hardware, software, servers, virtual desktop resources, and so on—that are required to complete the project, based on analysis of the problem being solved.
- System Overview: Describe the overall design in terms of the integration of tools and technology for successfully constructing your solution. In this section, you should describe the high-level design and architecture, making sure that details are congruent with the type of project you are working on. For example, use of case and class diagrams would need to be included if your project is focused on a software application, website wireframe, screen mock-ups for a web application, and so on.
- Documented Detailed Design: Your detailed design should illustrate and annotate all important details to be developed of the system and its components, interfaces, subsystems. It further breaks down the high-level design into small enough chunks to be properly implemented. The detailed design should align with the work breakdown structure in the product plan. The detailed design should inform the tasks identified and included in the project plan.
Click this link for additional instructions: https://bestacademictutors.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/IT-415-Milestone-Two-Guidelines-and-Rubric.pdf
Contact us through our LIVE CHAT for the password to download the full sample or order now for quality, original, plagiarism-free paper.