ENT111 Assessment Brief
Reflective Report (60%)
After the operation of the simulation, the second assignment due in week 13 is a group based reflective report of 3500 words.
The aim is twofold. Firstly, to reflect upon your business strategy from the first assessment and its effectiveness including where your group had to deviate from the original planning. Secondly to reflect upon your Management Team and their approach to the simulation including team dynamics, your decision-making, communication, and other issues during the simulation. A suggestion of content and structure is:
- Reflection on Business Strategy
- Identification of Key Business Strategy Issues and Events e.g. where your approach or tactics had to deviate from your strategy or those events/issues that validated your strategy, did you meant your defined KPIs, did you start out looking to be high sales growth, but changed to improve your efficiency and margins? etc.
- Analysis and Interpretation for Business Strategy Reflections – analyse what happened and why, reflecting on:
- Key learning points and what you may do differently for your strategy
- We expect you to supply supporting Evidence (the Simulation Log, data or screenshots/graphs from the simulation) and alterative models for Business Strategy in light of the above, plus the application of reflective models.
- Reflection on Team Dynamics
- Identification of team dynamics Issues and Events e.g. where you had to use specific techniques for problem solving, communication styles, decision-making models, or perhaps your decision-making was in paralysis because of two opposing viewpoints, or did you find working virtually in a team rewarding or frustrating (and why)?
- Analysis and Interpretation for team dynamics reflections – analyse what happened and why, how you got over issues, reflecting on:
- Key learning points and what you may do differently when working within management teams in the future
- We expect you to supply supporting Evidence (the Simulation Log, data or screenshots/graphs from the simulation, MS Teams etc.) and alterative models for team dynamics considering the above, plus the application of reflective models.