A persuasive essay is an essay that is used to convince the readers regarding a certain focus or idea, most particular, one that you believe in. A persuasive essay may be on any topic that the author has an opinion about. Whether the argument is about gender equality or junk food in colleges, writing a persuasive essay is a skill that everyone should possess.
When writing a persuasive essay, you are required to take a position for or against a certain issue and then write with the aim of convincing the readers to believe in your argument. Persuasive essays may also be referred to as argumentative essays and they use reason and logic in showing that a certain idea is more legitimate when compared to another. Such essays are aimed at persuading the readers to assume a certain perspective or to adopt a certain action. It is crucial that persuasive essays use sound reasoning and strong proof by outlining facts, providing logical reasons, quoting experts, and using relevant examples.
Steps to Follow when Writing a Persuasive Essay
- Choose your position. Choose the side of the problem or issue that you wish to write about and the solution that you wish to offer. You should know the exact purpose of you essay.
- Analyze your audience. You should decide whether your audience agrees with your position, is neutral, or disagrees with the position.
- Research extensively on your topic. it is critical that a persuasive essay provides convincing and specific evidence. In order to provide a convincing essay, you should go beyond your experience and knowledge by conducting additional research.
- Structure your essay by figuring out the form of evidence that you will include as well as the order in which you will present this evidence. Make sure you take into consideration the purpose of your essay, your audience as well as your topic.
What Criteria Should you Use when Writing a Persuasive Essay?
- You should have adequate knowledge regarding your topic. Conduct extensive research from legitimate sources to supplement your knowledge about the topic.
- Adequately test your thesis. Your thesis, in other words, your argument should have two sides, in other words, it should be debatable. In order to ensure that your argument has two sides or is debatable, try to generate a thesis statement that directly opposes your thesis.
- Controvert the contradicting argument. You should have adequate knowledge regarding the opposing viewpoint of your argument and then counter it by presenting contrasting proof or by establishing discrepancies in the logic and reasoning of the contradicting argument.
- Support your position or argument with adequate evidence. Your evidence must be convincing to reason.
Kindly order with us to get an excellent persuasive essay written by professional writers. We have a team of elite writers working around the clock to ensure that our clients get best services at affordable prices. Best Academic Tutors is a reputable writing and research company that has served numerous students since 2007, helping them attain their academic excellence in various academic fields. Order with us now to enjoy our professional services.