Action Learning in Organisations
Component 1 comprises the research of a business-related topic and requires you to present a critical assessment of that topic. The coursework requirements require you to write an academic essay of 2,000 words and to submit by 11.59 pm on 31st October 2020 to Turnitin. This component comprises 30% of the overall module mark.
Drawing on appropriate academic models and theories (from modules you have undertaken on your programme), produce a 5000 word business report that includes a critical strategic appraisal of the simulation Organisation and devise a practical intervention plan for an area of the business to be improved. Submission date is 28th January 2021 at 5 pm.
Final Report structure (5000 words)
- Title page
- Executive summary (not incorporated in word count)
- Introduction (approx. 750 words)
- Brief contextual information about the organisation
- Aim and objectives of the report
- Main body (approx. 3500 words)
- Strategic appraisal of placement organisation
- Project choice and justification, project aim and objectives;
- Consideration of alternative options
- Implementation plan including resource issues (put in the appendices)
- Critical analysis and reflection on the design and possible implementation of the project linked to the goals and activities undertaken, business improvements achieved and a critique of appropriate underpinning academic models and frameworks that have informed the approaches adopted
- Critical reflection on your action learning
- Conclusion and recommendations (approx.750 words)
Review the HRM11121 Action Learning in Organisations document for additional information.